The best meme of the 10's

M

Misu

Throughout the decade we have encountered so much memes. Some made us laugh, some made us cry, and some made us toxic. In the end, it made our decade and it defined what culture it had.

My personal favorites was steamed hams and ultra instinct Shaggy. I dunno why but it got me hooked up for a longer while.

What is your favourite meme from this decade that was highly popular (at global basis and not just within this community)?

Roa

The best meme of 2010s?

Well, it would be "meme culture" itself. The pervasive idea that if someone makes an image or video ever so slightly relatable, cashes in on pop culture, or enters the humor level of a 5yo, that it would be shared as a community in substituting for some other form of communication. Instead, everyone thought they were so clever and funny, they actually just flooded the internet with endless amounts of 💩💩💩💩 lacking any substance, novelty, and devoid of any actual meaning to culture just to be thrown away to disappear in the cesspool in just the mere blink of an eye, if it ever surfaces to begin with.

The more and more people try to chip in, the more vapid it has become, and they no longer represent summarized ideals of a collective group of the age.
The irony of meme culture is a brutal one.

But if I had to pick one: it would obviously be pepe the frog.

Never in a life time has one stupid drawing been used to share so many feelings, connections to communities and acted as a mascot, created unity, and also caused such a 💩💩💩💩 show and rabid dived in political meaning and making other communities tear their hair out even going so far as to call it a hate symbol and wanting to outlaw it lol. This one image spear headed entire activist groups from all walks of life, on all sides of the political and ideological spectrum, and is openly used to make waves and poke at our society.

You can just show an image of pepe somewhere, and instantly start or summarize a conversation given the context. Thats some powerful 💩💩💩💩.

I mean 💩💩💩💩, just look what simply adding a red nose and rainbow hair with the words. "Clown world" did? Some people used it to express how the world was getting getting o backwards that it was beyond parody and how there was little point in trying to make sense of it, and for others, the 💩💩💩💩ing world almost burned to the ground lmao.

Last edited:

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
The best meme of 2010s?

Well, it would be "meme culture" itself. The pervasive idea that if someone makes an image or video ever so slightly relatable, cashes in on pop culture, or enters the humor level of a 5yo, that it would be shared as a community in substituting for some other form of communication. Instead, everyone thought they were so clever and funny, they actually just flooded the internet with endless amounts of **** lacking any substance, novelty, and devoid of any actual meaning to culture just to be thrown away to disappear in the cesspool in just the mere blink of an eye, if it ever surfaces to begin with.

The more and more people try to chip in, the more vapid it has become, and they no longer represent summarized ideals of a collective group of the age.
The irony of meme culture is a brutal one.

But if I had to pick one: it would obviously be pepe the frog.

Never in a life time has one stupid drawing been used to share so many feelings, connections to communities and acted as a mascot, created unity, and also caused such a **** show and rabid dived in political meaning and making other communities tear their hair out even going so far as to call it a hate symbol and wanting to outlaw it lol. This one image spear headed entire activist groups from all walks of life, on all sides of the political and ideological spectrum, and is openly used to make waves and poke at our society.

You can just show an image of pepe somewhere, and instantly start or summarize a conversation given the context. Thats some powerful ****.

I mean ****, just look what simply adding a red nose and rainbow hair with the words. "Clown world" did? Some people used it to express how the world was getting getting o backwards that it was beyond parody and how there was little point in trying to make sense of it, and for others, the ****ing world almost burned to the ground lmao.
This post is high level literature that comes near classic writers such as Dostoevsky or Kafka

11clock

We Are Number One. While repetitive and got stale quick, it literally spread cancer awareness and fought for a good cause. Most wholesome meme of the decade for sure.

Honorable mention to Luigi’s Death Stare for escalating to being an actual skill of Luigi’s in a licensed Mario game.