The best 3D game engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13992

It's more worth to learn to code than to use some engine with an extremely narrow specification (codeless and 3D) that might not give you flexibility or the results you wanted.

I'm not even sure one exists.

poliver

It's more worth to learn to code than to use some engine with an extremely narrow specification (codeless and 3D) that might not give you flexibility or the results you wanted.

There's plenty of that stuff on Steam, like FPS Maker etc.

Definitely, man. You still have to know your stuff, but, without naming it (say that famous engine for FPS that will soon get it's version 5), you have the 'equivalent' of DND, and the regular C++ scripting.
I'd even say their sessions templates puts Yoyo to shame, but hey!

As for GMS, if you want to 3D in it, and you live by 'My way or the Highway' kind of philosophy, yeah, go ahead, some people are amazing with it, but you gotta force your way in, it's not easy to get set up at all.
Hence why:
bitmap.png

poliver

Definitely, man. You still have to know your stuff, but, without naming it (say that famous engine for FPS that will soon get it's version 5), you have the 'equivalent' of DND, and the regular C++ scripting.
I'd even say their sessions templates puts Yoyo to shame, but hey!
Oh that one. My friend had to make a 20 minute game in it in college and she does digital art, no programming...

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Not trying to be the grumpy old hag that chases you off the lawn, but given that it is not allowed to directly or indirectly promote any competing products, you will not get any answers here that aren't GameMaker Studio... this question is probably best off being asked somewhere else. ;)

I'll lock this topic accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.