Windows Texture Swaps

T

TitanAnteus

I'm stress testing my game.
I have the main character's art pretty much done.

I added 20 instances of that object and have 20 texture swaps.
If I was using regular pixel animations I know I wouldn't have this many swaps.

I'm using Spine animations though.

Is this normal? How do I reduce the amount of texture swaps and vertex batches for Spine animations?

rIKmAN

How do I reduce the amount of texture swaps and vertex batches for Spine animations?
You can't, each Spine sprite uses it's own texture page.
I put in a suggestion to allow the reuse / sharing of texture pages for them a while ago but I never heard anything back about it other than "It's been passed along for internal discussion".

T

TitanAnteus

You can't, each Spine sprite uses it's own texture page.
I put in a suggestion to allow the reuse / sharing of texture pages for them a while ago but I never heard anything back about it other than "It's been passed along for internal discussion".
T_T
Thanks rlKmAN you're really pushing spine's integration forward and I appreciate that.

Here's another person in the camp of please allow this. It seems completely obvious that this is how it should be done.

rIKmAN

T_T
Thanks rlKmAN you're really pushing spine's integration forward and I appreciate that.

Here's another person in the camp of please allow this. It seems completely obvious that this is how it should be done.
Yeah it does but so did a lot of things that were missing or overlooked with the Spine integration pre v2.2.2.

To be fair though the recent Spine update solved a lot of issues that affected the Spine integration and fixed a lot of long standing bugs along with it, although there are still a few things that hopefully can be added / changed going forward to improve it even more and help optimize performance - this being one of them.