Poor input boxes make your game look and feel unprofessional, and can ruin the important first impression of a player. But they're a pain to program properly. With this text input extension you can avoid dozens of hours of UI programming, and get high quality text inputs in an instant!
This is the GM Studio 2 version of Text Inputs. Click here for the GM Studio 1 version.
- Singleline and multiline text input.
- Horizontal and vertical text alignment.
- Text selection (with mouse, shift, Ctrl + A, and doubleclick).
- Text navigation (with mouse, arrow keys, home/end and page up/down with Ctrl functionality).
- Copying, cutting and pasting.
- Local undo/redo memory. Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + Y (as well as Ctrl + Shift + Z).
- Delete and backspace with Ctrl functionality.
- Supports both monospaced and variable-width fonts.
- Custom cursor sprite and cursor styles.
- Commented and organized code.
- Fast and optimized, made with efficiency in mind.
- Logic and display separation.
- Irrespective of room speed, dependent on delta_time (and easily convertable to other game loops if need be).
- All GML.
- Supports octothorps (#).
Screenshots from marketplace: