• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Mac OSX Text Dropping in Resolution

C

Chris T

Hello Game Maker Community! I am making dialogue, but I have run into a problem. As I reduce the size of my text, the resolution also reduces. The size I want is completely illegible. How can I make the text smaller, but yet keep the same resolution?

RangerX

For what you're asking precisely.... you can't.
It is because the game does not change resolution that the smaller the text, the less it will be able to look good. You need to find a font that look good at your desired size or increase your game's resolution.

NightFrost

Alternatively, if you're capable of it, draw your own pixel font set(s). This way it is always sharp instead of having GM squeeze ttf fonts into small pixel resolutions and hoping they're legible.

Tornado

I'm not expert on this, but I think you should never resize text like that.
Instead, you should create new font in resource tree then you choose for it the same system font, but different size.
for example when you need normal font you draw text with fnt_MyFont1 and when you need smaller font you draw with fnt_MyFont2. first font could be defined as arial size 30, second as arial size 20, just as example.

Last edited: