• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Text drawing bug/glitch, and some other bugs!

Game Maker 2 V2.3.7.606 is COMPLETELY BUGGED!

For starters, the IDE didn't want to accept my keystore (in game maker 1, this same keystore with the same password was accepted normally). I tried several times to change the gradle version, build tools, a bunch of other settings like API and even change the IDE/Runtime version. To no avail. Anyway, I couldn't test my game on android, nor export.

Okay, I went to create a button, and both the button and its sprite didn't want to be saved at all. I put it in the room, and said that the object did not exist. When I closed and opened GMS2, "File is missing and had 1 reference". I cleared cache, cleared IDE, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING did any good. I formatted my pc and switched from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 after all.

Okay, here we go to create a project from scratch and export everything to see if the button bug goes away. Once there, the sprites are now buggy in this room. This "select mode" up there is NOT EVEN created in the room. All texts (like the time and the score) are being drawn on top of each other. It was no use clearing cache, no use activating the options "clear window buffer", "clear view buffer"... Please fix these bugs soon, it's IMPOSSIBLE to program games in these final versions!

1640054317909.png

MOD EDIT: Post has been edited to remove excessive and unnecessary formatting.

This same Room in an earlier version of the project.
1640055243968.png

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
GMS 2.3.7.606 is not completely buggy. There is some external factor interfering with its functionality.
  • Check if you don't have any antivirus preventing the GMS 2 from accessing the project folders (like Windows Defender).

There are some reasons for not accepting the keystore.
  • You could specify what happens when importing the keystore, if there is any error message or something like...
You just need to choose the file path and click "Show Key Hash":

Your project must have corrupted .yyp, try using this tool:

Note: Start making backups from today.

Also see:
Community Guidelines.
Please do not:
Post in all CAPS or use excessive color, bold or large text, or special fonts, or any other excessive formatting. Instead use them sparingly for emphasis.

Last edited:
It accepts the keystore, and shows the correct hash. But when I go to compile or run, it gives a "tampered with or password is incorrect" error, even with the correct password and correct hash.

As for the corrupted .yyp, it doesn't make sense, as I created a project from scratch and reassembled it all over again, and it still gave those glitchs from the first photo!

I don't use any antivirus! Windows Defender are not blocking any file...

MOD EDIT: Multiple posts merged. Please do NOT double or triple post. Use the EDIT button and the multi-quote tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
If the keystore was created on a pirated version of GMS 2 or 1.4, it will likely have problems (If migrating from an old pirated version for example).
So there is a problem with the keystore and you must generate a new one. Try creating a new keystore to see if it compiles.

Do not store this keystore in the cloud, but in a safe place, preferably on the same disk where GMS 2 is installed.

Make sure you have the recommended SDK, NDK and JDK version via the Required SDKs page (updates constantly). Do not use the same SDK used by GMS 1.4.

As for the corrupted .yyp, it doesn't make sense, as I created a project from scratch and reassembled it all over again, and it still gave those glitchs from the first photo!
This was caused by missing files, so the project is corrupted, there is something preventing GMS 2 from accessing the files, you need to investigate.
See Windows security permissions (when accessing files).

------
Avoid creating multiple posts, you can click the "Edit" button on your post and reply to all texts. Select the text and click "Quote", then you go to "Insert Quotes".

1. I tried to create a new keystore, same problem, unfortunately... And my keystore was generated by Google Play Console directly!
2. I don't use cloud for anything;
3. My SDK, NDK and others follows the "Required SDKs" guide! API 30, NDK 22... Everything ok
4. I used yyp maker as you recommended me, same problem

1640059047842.png

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Submit a bug report to YoYo Games, they will analyze your project to see if there is any real issue with GMS 2 or not.

Note: In mine it compiled perfectly in .apk and YYC:

Last edited:
I don't use the Background Layer. I have an Theme controller that is persistent and draws the background. My "theme controller" instance are not created, hence the bug!