• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Beta "TetriAttack Armageddon" Beta3 110%...

J

JeZxLee

NEW!: Beta3 110% Version:
What's New
Beta3 110%: The last beta!
Beta2c: New artwork by professional artist!
Beta2: Added better playing piece graphics!
Beta1b: Fixed touch input; fixed "Never Ending" & "Time Attack" modes not exiting on game over; added 1st run touch input select screen; removed annoying delay in box selection; made download much smaller - Please write suggestions in Google Play reviews, thanks!

Looking for feedback on our GameMaker:Studio game "TetriAttack Armageddon".

You can see the above game on Google Play for all Android smartphones and tablets:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sixteenBitSoft.TetrisAttackArmageddon
(Beta3 110% Version!)

You can see the game on the official Microsoft Windows Store:
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/bf2391f4-1b61-4bfa-85c4-0aa9c731768b
(Beta3 110% Version!)

You can play the HTML5 version of the game at the following URL link:
http://opentetris.com/files/TAA/HTML5/index.html
(Beta3 110% Version!)

Game has been on Google Play for over a month and has not been downloaded much?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Here is a screenshot:

Last edited by a moderator:

KurtBlissZ

Wow! This game is kind of like SPFII. But I enjoyed for about 10 mins. I'm blown by this game. I'll have try this on a mobile device later on my Iphone and show it off to my one of my friends.

J

JeZxLee

Wow! This game is kind of like SPFII. But I enjoyed for about 10 mins. I'm blown by this game. I'll have try this on a mobile device later on my Iphone and show it off to my one of my friends.
Hi,

Thank you for playing.
Unfortunately the game is not available for Apple iOS smartphones and tablets.
(I can not afford the Apple hardware to build it for iOS devices)

If you have a Google Android smartphone or tablet then please play it on those.
Thanks for the reply!

KurtBlissZ

Hi,

Thank you for playing.
Unfortunately the game is not available for Apple iOS smartphones and tablets.
(I can not afford the Apple hardware to build it for iOS devices)

If you have a Google Android smartphone or tablet then please play it on those.
Thanks for the reply!
It works on my iPhone 5 using HTML 5. Added it to my home screen to get rid of the address bar and the game works good, except that it cuts out a bit of the game http://tinypic.com/r/2dhxzpf/9. I know there's an official html5 canvas tutorial, maybe that could help you fix this issue if you are unsure.

KurtBlissZ

Hi,

Wow, I did not know the HTML5 version would work on iOS devices.
The HTML5 version does not work on my Android smartphone and tablet.

Forgot to mention this, but this GameMaker:Studio game is 100% open-source.
You can download the entire project with resources at below URL link:
http://16bitsoft.com/files/TAA/files/TetrisAttackArmageddon.gmx.zip

Thanks again!
Sweet! I might try fixing it myself then. It be some good learning experience.

Edit: I got it working on my iphone5 without cutting anything out.
All I had to do was uncheck "Center the game in the browser." in Global Game Settings, HTML 5, Graphics.
Then I added window_center(); in the init script, also have to add it in the begin step event if the browser is resized.

Last edited:
S

squirrelmonkeycom

In the screenshots you don't see the action and how fun this game is.

kupo15

I'm curious as to what you are trying to accomplish with this. I played Tetris Attack a lot when I was younger and am very good at it and this version doesn't seem to improve on that game to be honest. The controls are harder to play with because I frequently skip two spaces instead of one. TA had a slight delay before auto moving which helped this. Also your falling blocks don't fall like in TA but rather snap to the bottom removing the chains feature. Last thing I noticed was that the blocks do not stop moving when you clear them which is problematic when you have high towers. In TA this allowed you to be able to save yourself by allowing you to be able to clear simple 3s to buy you time to clear the dangerous stacks. I also wish there was a way to change the controls. I'm more of a WASD movement type person than arrow keys

So it really comes down to what you are accomplishing, I honestly find it very hard to top or do better than what the original TA offered so I'm curious. I do like how you have an HTML version so I could easily play it in my browser. Very smart, I like that! :)

S

squirrelmonkeycom

image.jpg
Very addictive!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

squirrelmonkeycom

It loads slow, but works on my old iPad (3rd edition).

F

Fuzenrad

Wow, i love this game, i know all the tricks.. honestly just expected a little better graphics, this theme can be very interesting if well worked. The fluidity of the game also fails, the original version is much more agile, currently the time change position is too long, and should also take a momentary break when joining 3 or more pieces of the same color (making chains), of course this is something very tricky to do (the original game is really well programmed).

Good luck! =) I'll wait updates!

J

JeZxLee

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback...

I believe strongly that this is a good game, it just has input issues on Google Android smartphones.
I'm not sure how to best fix the input issues on Android smartphones.
It's hard to play on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge's little 5" screen, but plays great on my 11" tablet.

There are two Android input schemes:
- "Swap Left To Right" (default)
- "Hold & Move Left/Right"

Not sure how to proceed, I'm getting ripped to shreds on Google Play with negative 1 star reviews.
I think if we can fix the input issues on Android smartphones then this game will be a success.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

P.S. - Graphics are temporary until we find a graphic artist (how's the music and sound effects?)

S

squirrelmonkeycom

There is one thing that I don't understand. Why do you think that a lawsuit from Electronic Arts is fun???? :O

J

JeZxLee

There is one thing that I don't understand. Why do you think that a lawsuit from Electronic Arts is fun???? :O
Hi,

Game development can be rather dangerous.
We had a Palm O.S. Tetris game which was downloaded almost 500,000 times on www.Download.com
And the bad people at Electronic Arts threatened us with that letter and sued c|net who was forced to take down the game :(
I hate E.A. and posted the letter...

J

JeZxLee

Hi,

So we updated and released beta version 1a just now.
The URL links at top of this forum post have been updated.
The only major complaint on Android devices was the touch input which should be fixed now.
Thanks, we work on Beta2 now!

P.S. All the people who helped got their names in the [About] screen staff credits now! :)

O

oshibobo

I can definitely help you improve this game by designing a cool graphic and background

J

JeZxLee

I can definitely help you improve this game by designing a cool graphic and background
Hi,

Cool, start with just the 6 colored box sprites.
You can download a small compressed ZIP file with all 6 colored box sprites below:
http://16bitsoft.com/files/TAA/files/TAA-Boxes.zip

I'll leave the design to you, if we like what you make we will put your name, email address and website in the game!
The only requirement we ask is to keep the pixel width and pixel height the same.

Thanks again!

J

JeZxLee

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.
We hired a professional graphic artist and he just finished the new sprites.
We have updated the HTML5 version already and Google Play will be updated shortly!

Here is a screenshot:

KurtBlissZ

Did you ever implement this fix? Anyway I'm not really sure that there's a big user base playing HTML5 games on Iphone. But it wasn't hard to fix.

Edit: I got it working on my iphone5 without cutting anything out.
All I had to do was uncheck "Center the game in the browser." in Global Game Settings, HTML 5, Graphics.
Then I added window_center(); in the init script, also have to add it in the begin step event if the browser is resized.

J

JeZxLee

Did you ever implement this fix? Anyway I'm not really sure that there's a big user base playing HTML5 games on Iphone. But it wasn't hard to fix.
Hi,

Sorry, but we have not tried to support HTML5 on iOS Internet browsers.
Our current target platforms are: Google Play, Windows Store, HTML5 (desktop/notebook) and soon XBox Live.
If we do something to support iOS we will let the community know about it.
Thanks!

J

JeZxLee

Hi,

This game is finished!
We start our next GameMaker:Studio video game called: "Super Color Matcher" now.
Thanks!