Test My Boss Ai

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by AlphaRedDragon, Jun 29, 2016.

1. So i spent a couple hours working on the ai of a boss for my game. the controls are a&d to move left and right, mouse to shoot, space to jump,i uploaded a previous version in another post but this one is only for the boss AI, he is hard to kill but it is possible, i think. you can access the boss right away through the bottom right portal, or go through the 2 levels before him with the top right portal.i will let you figure out how to damage him, its very obvious please report any bugs you find so that i can fix them, thank you

Download
    (https://www.mediafire.com/?szau6t6541ncj86)

Thank you for your help

also, any minor tweaks that i should make to player movement or how he shoots?

boss_room.PNG

2. Huder

Huder Member

Installer? Please :(

3. lolslayer

lolslayer Member

I don't want to be a hater or something, but why did you use different pixel scales for the boss sprite? It's really ugly because of that :/

4. It was upscaled, not the final design, just a place holder for now

5. i posted a download link to it in the main post

6. lolslayer

lolslayer Member

Ah, okay then :D

7. KurtBlissZ

KurtBlissZ Member

Hmm... I don't like starting the level all over again just because I didn't move left or right for 2 seconds...

8. darthlupi

darthlupi Guest

Ah, so that is why I die. Holding still kills you? That is crazy hard to determine, and I hope that is not intended as a core mechanic.
    I played through level 1 a bit, and I liked your level layout. I think this has potential, but it is not really ready to be play tested as a lot happens randomly to the player.

The boss overall seemed solid, but I wasn't sure what the goal was.
    I am kinda a fan of predictable boss patterns. That could be something to add to make it a bit more fun.
    Even something as simple as as long as alarm[0] > 0 then chase the player else float around shooting would be helpful to give a player a sense of rhythm.
    Also, I think the boss dude shot a bit too much a bit too fast.

Please, for something not ready for release, do not package it in an installer as it will require clean up on the system afterwards.

I love the vibe, and I think it has the potential to be a good game with some love.
    Keep going!

9. Thank you for your feedback, I have been debating weather I should leave the timer in and I think I will remove it. The boss still needs a lot of work to be finished but I'm glad you got some enjoyment out of it. This project is a really big learning experience for me as it is a big step up from linear platformers. I am planning on adding a lot more to this. I will take your comment into account, thank you