• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Test Connection failed in a virtual pc on a physical Mac

F

felixpf

Hey guys,

I've installed both GMS 1.4 and GMS 2 on a virtual Windows PC in a physical Mac.
Strangely GMS 2 has failed to Test Connection which GMS 1.4 has done successfully with the same settings. I've also successfully tested "ping" and "PuTTY". Is there any settings or triggers that could be easily missed in GMS 2 than in GMS 1.4?

I have read Setting Up For macOS. As the article explains "GameMaker Studio 2 requires a physical Mac computer to be able to test or compile your projects, and although you can run macOS in a virtual machine, this is not supported and you should own a mac computer before targeting it with your games."
Meanwhile the GMS 2 for Mac is on the way, does GMS 2 technically support connecting to a physical Mac from a virtual PC like GMS 1.4 did anymore then? Thanks for any help!

System Information:
macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Xcode 8.2.1
Windows 7 x64 (VMware Fusion with bridged connection)
GameMaker Studio 2, IDE v2.0.5.77, Runtime v2.0.5.49
Apple Developer license valid