Android Territory Earth, Highly upgraded and officially published!

W

Wraithious

Released for Android and Windows!

After entering the Gamemaker Comunity Game Jam last month, and making a video game in under 72 hours, I saw the potential in Territory Earth and decided to make it a much better game, I present to you for free and add free, the fully complete version of Territory Earth for android and windows! Please download and rate!

Territory Earth is a post apocalyptic story of a Canadian tree eating caterpillar That somehow has escaped the effects of a fungal spore infection that wiped out humanity and many species of animals. The year is 2020, Only a few animals and insects managed to form resistance to the new fungal infection, and now they have turned on each other senselessly from a violent side effect of being resistant to the new disease. You, a tree chomping caterpillar seem to be immune to both the disease and it's psychotic side effects, and are forced to live in a violent world where every living thing wants to kill you! You must survive and find out why you are the only one left with your sanity, and find the cure to save what little life is left on Earth. Armed only with your chompers and your poisonous silk spinning defense mechanism you must make a perilous journey through the micro forest world and confront the source of putrid psychotic senselessness! Fight enemies and find your destiny on Territory Earth!! Along the way our Hero meets his only ally, a talking Jimson weed plant that decides to help him with healing and information. There are 3 main bosses in the game, and it rains the blood of the fallen relentlessly.

Controls:
A button- Load saved game on game start screen.
B button- Shoot silk at enemies if you have some, Selects items in the menu.
X button- Quit the game without saving.
Y button- Opens or closes menu.
Arrow buttons- Move character, move pointer in menu.
Back button on device- Quit game without saving.
Sound / music volume, saving and loading, stats, story and credits all available in the menu.

Your health bar is displayed on the top left of the screen along with any items you may have and if you have any silk for your silk weapon the amount left will also be displayed here. If an enemy is present (excluding the 3 boss enemies) their health bar will be displayed on the top right of the screen.

Get it HERE for Android

Get it HERE for Windows 8+

Get it HERE for Windows 98

Check out the TERRITORY EARTH HOME PAGE for gameplay and walkthrough

Teaser video

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This is an interesting idea for a post-apocalyptic scenario -- i.e., mostly the insects survive. But to be honest, it's not very interesting. I had difficulty identifying with my caterpillar character. Although some people have accused me of being a slimy insect, it's not an identity I'm comfortable with. :p

Just kidding... I suppose an insect character could be interesting. But mostly in a cartoon-type setting. But here, the realism of using photographic scenes just didn't work for me. And the contrast between the scenes and the rendered characters seemed glaring and unnatural.

The controls were a problem too. I could move with the arrows, but the other keys had no effect (that I could see). And the choice of X-Y-B-A keys seems very awkward and difficult to use.

I think a better approach to this idea, would be to abandon the photographic scenes and use all hand-drawn (or computer rendered) artwork. The environment would look more consistent. And that might help players identify with their character and actually care about the outcome.

The premise behind the game has potential. But the execution could be improved.

W

Wraithious

Thanks chance I appreciate your ideas, I believe I overlapped my button mapping too far on the arrow keys, I'm going to correct and update it, I think the same thing happened with the a b x y buttons too, and they are too close together. I think I got alot of the camera angles wrong shooting the pictures for the game, I should have taken all of them from ground level so you'd get the view of a caterpillar instead of some top down and very few taken from ground level, Your cartoon drawing idea sounds good tho My next game will be more consistant, thanks for your review!

W

Wraithious

The controls were a problem too. I could move with the arrows, but the other keys had no effect
9/17/16 12:08am
I had some spare time and updated Territory earth, it is now 1/2 the file size, the scaling for the virtual buttons is perfect for every android device, you were missing alot of the game just for not being able to use the controlls! (save and load menu, sound and music control, story line and credits, silk needle weapon, player stats etc...) And I took your advise and made a cartoon world for the game.

New links for windows:
win 8+ https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4uEFC9Ii8BnQ0MzY2pwRmVONnM
win98 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4uEFC9Ii8BnZHNVNEpnckppOFk
Android link is still HERE , it may be a few hours before it's active.
note: Don't use any save files from previous version as I made alot of changes and old save files WILL CRASH the game.