• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Telstar Arcade

Hello, it's me, telstargames, and I plan to make and release some old "multicart" like games, which means multiple games in a single executable (or webfile).

So, without further ado, here is my first "multicart", the Telstar Arcade, which is inspired from Coleco Telstar Arcade, a first-generation Pong clone console that is known for having triangle cartridges (actually the only console to have a such speciality), and having a steering wheel and a light gun. Since there are no emulators for Coleco Telstar Arcade, my Arcade might kind of serve as such.

Currently, there are only three games in the set: Pong, Road Race and Quickdraw, all are from cartridge #1 of Coleco Telstar Arcade. I've tried to make them as similar as possible, in terms of graphics and controls, but there are some little differences. There are also some little details that needs fix, I'll handle them once I find time.

Play here:
Description and controls are in the game's respective page on itch.io, which is here.

Here below is a screenshot of Road Race in action:
a0.png
I'll be happy to recieve any kind of feedback:)

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE LOG

I've shrinked paddles and ball in Pong to make it more realistic (more like the original). I've also fixed the collision issue in Pong where ball repeatedly changes direction and spazzes out (it at least rarely happens now), added difficulty to Quickdraw (activated via switch) and changed car spawn time in Road Race, though more fixes are still needed.

Plus, I'm planning to add three more games to the set, all from Telstar Arcade's cartridges, but I won't tell which ones now😄

UPDATE LOG

I've made fixes in menu layout and added two new games by this point. One game left, and the second cartridge is all set. Some minor fixes in placements of scores is needed as well.

RELEASE 1.1
Here is the first update to Telstar Arcade! This update contains three more games being released; Hockey, Target and Naval Battle. Their controls are included in the description. The game also can be played in full-size, but doing so doesn't change game's visible resolution (which is 640x480).

NEW PROJECT: TELSTAR 2600
I've started developing a new, different version that takes Atari 2600 as inspiration, which I've named Telstar 2600. This new game will have a 16-color palette (which is much much less than A2600's 104/128-color palette), much improved graphics and gameplay, as well as new and different titles inspired from real A2600 games.

Telstar Arcade will include four games from Telstar Arcade, except (at least) graphically enhanced. I'm also sure about three more and what they will be, though it will be a secret for now.

Here's a screenshot from the Pong game of the Telstar 2600:
2600_0.png
The top bar writing TELSTAR is a callback to A2600 Activision games, like Pitfall (1982) and Dragster (1980)