• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android Telegraph: Learn Morse With Android Beta and Windows Demo!

J

Jamblefoot

Howdy, y'all! Are you ready to experience the exciting frontier life of an Old West telegraph operator?! That's right! You, too, can learn Morse code and experience the cutting-edge tech of the Wild West in this incredibly life-like computer simulation. Coming soon to a mobile device near you.

Started this a short time ago because I thought it might help me learn Morse code, which seemed at idle like a good thing to know. I'm now a bit better at Morse code. I'll keep y'all posted as the game develops, but I'm hoping to have it in people's hands quite soon.
Thanks!

EDIT: Windows build added on Itch.io and Game Jolt.

Just added the beta release to the Google Play Store. Hope I did it right!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jamblefoot

Howdy Pardners, check out this in-development Windows build of my upcoming mobile typing game Telegraph. I've been working on it over the past few months, and any feedback you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody!

EDIT: I just learned an important lesson. I've been working out how to add ads to my app because that just seems like the thing you do, and the stuff to make that possible will break your game when you attempt to add it to windows. If you are making a game and want people to test it on windows, make a separate build and take out the parts related to mobile ads, then make the exe. The game works upon initial install, but any subsequent attempts to play are met with critical failure. More testing would have helped, but i think *fingers crossed* it's working now. And I added it on Game Jolt, too. Man, are those fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jamblefoot

Just added the Beta release to the Google Play Store. This is my first time attempting something of this nature, so I'm hoping it'll work out. Let me know if you try it, whether or not it works, and what you think if it does. Thanks!