• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Technical question on building for Mac with remote worker from Windows PC

Xolem

Hello everyone,

I have read a lot about the ability to build for Mac from a Windows PC, but I still have one question left unanswered if someone knows about it.

When using a remote worker to do the Mac build from a PC, which machine hardware will be used? PC or Mac hardware?

I'm asking that because my PC is a beast but the mac mini I will buy will be complete garbage spec wise compared to it.

Thanks. :)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
The PC will do the building... and yeah, Mac Mini's are a bit crap, but it's what I have and it gets the job done at least!

Xolem

Ok thanks a lot Nocturne, so to resume it makes sense to do the SSH build from my beefy PC to accelerate the building process instead of doing it directly on the Mac.

I wanted to make sure :)

Xolem

And yeah I will buy a 2014 mac mini and probably a second hand Iphone 8, both should last at least until the next MacOS update, if not two of them with a bit of luck. My main setup being already strong on Android/PC hardware as it's what I use daily.