• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL Tech Blog: Points and Shapes in Wandersong

curato

Wow that bring me back! I haven't thought of doing that for a game since the DOS days. I would think if you have all your numbers pre crunched on how to draw each thing it would be a bit of a performance boost. Otherwise the game looks cute and has some interesting mechanics to it.

Elodman

Good to understand the terminology & see the hands-on use of these basic display techs.

"Raster" and others... eg. "glenz vectors" and "gouraud shading" materializing from fading memory cells. As if revealing step by step the inviting Terra Incognita, seen for decades from a great distance, but is now becoming more and more habitable.

I guess, only a few years remain till remaking some effects of these Goldies below ... :)

Thanx for the writing, Mark Alex.!

// EDIT: added a pc demo

Last edited: