• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Team for Topdown Game

Hey guys!

I'm currently working on a Topdown game in the typical RPG-view.
The graphics are based around pixelish and squarish images.
The entire graphics will get a complete overhaul later!

About the game:

The game basically uses similar mechanics to games like "The SIMS" and "Age of Empires" (yes, I know these are entirely different to each other...). The basic idea behind the game is: You start off with two monsters. One male and one female monster. Your goal is to build up good relationships to each other to breed and get babie monsters. you will raise these and level up all the monsters, in order to fully control them. The lower their level - the fewer they will react to your commands. Then there are wild monsters, who occassionally visit your farm (and wander around the map). You can catch these and domesticate them to tame them. Your main goals are: breeding and raisng them. Also to build up an awesome farm with buildings and to make it a paradise for your monsters. If you don't feed your monsters - they will get sick and probably die. You'll have to clean up their cages ( ...yes they poop a lot ;-) ) to keep them healthy. also you'll have to provide enough food for them! You can give them commands like: - going somewhere - cuddle (like) each other - play with each other - sleep (make them inactive) - argue / nag each other - follow another monster - make love to another monster ;-) The player can buy and sell items, monsters, buildings and materials which he or she can use for the farm. The better your fences are - the lesser your monsters can break out. They have different feelings too: being happy (normal state), being angry or sad (when they get sick or when they can't do specific things or when there's no food etc.). As soon as they're angry, they'll start to break the fences and try to go somewehre else, where they hopefully find something to eat and so on. So the player has to care for them in order to keep them. The breeding system works as follows: one male and one female monster can have a bay, whose color is a mixture of their parents colors. Even the texture of the "fur" (it's only pixels...^^) will be given from either one of the parents. You can give all your monsters names (they have randomly generated names by default). The game is far from finished, but there is already a lot you can do. This description was only a short introduction to what I am workin on at the moment. There is no name yet. The game will be an endless game like age of empires, where you sometimes don't have any time or score limits. The most important factors are that the player can customise, create, build up and work with his / her own world and build up a farm / town / whatever for the monsters. And the breeding system, that the player always gets new breeds and that the player can collect these in a logbook (yep, pretty much like the pokedex!). There is actually a lot more I could tell you about the game, but for that please feel free to PM me!"

What I need:

- Artists
- additional Programmers
- Concept work
- and pretty much any job that's needed when developing a game ;-)

Screenshots:

(huge spoiler warning)

A tiny farm:

A little beach:

A cheap forest attempt:

Example of the commands menu:

Monsters having fun:

An example of the buy-tab in the menu:

build tab in the menu and creation mode:

So this is basically what I have so far. It's not much, but I'm pretty much working on it everyday.
I need some people to collaborate with me on this one. I'm looking for reliable people, which can spend some off-time for this project. The concept of the game is finsihed so far, I'm only working on the mechanics at the moment.

Please PM me if this project caught your attention and if you're willing to work on this.
Of course I'm always up for any kind of question.

If there is anything I forgot: please contact me and I will answer your question and of course add it to this post right here!

Thanks a lot and hopefully see you soon in the team!

Last edited:
We're still looking for a team.
If you're interested in this project by any means and regardless of your skills: hit me up with what you'd like to do for the project and what work you can offer. May it even be finding ideas. :)

C

CharlesE

Hi, I'm a programmer, 2d artist and I'm interested in your project. If you would like to dicuss more about my portfolio, just message me.
Thanks,
Charles.