• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Teaching kids to make games using Gamemaker

T

Tightrope

Hi to all.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I am a high school teacher in Bloemfontein, South Africa, and someone who really likes to make games and participate in game jams in my spare time. I have recently decided that it might be a good idea to join these areas of my life and offer game development classes to schoolkids where I live. The idea is not to provide them with any kind of formal qualification but to have fun and teach them a couple of skills in the process. I make use Gamemaker exclusively because of its versatility and ease of use and I feel it will be a perfect fit for these classes especially because of the "drag and drop" feature of Gamemaker.

I would like to know from the community how I can come into contact with a Gamemaker representative to ask whether they will be willing to assist me in a sponsorship capacity. It goes without saying that the extent and nature of the sponsorship will depend on the numbers interested as well as the socio-economic background of these kids. I am in the process of contacting local school as well as designing posters to put up around the community to get a more concrete idea of the scope of the project but I would dearly like to talk to someone about my plans in the meantime. I want to be as transparent as possible and am willing to invest a lot to make such an arrangement work.

Any other advice on how I can make this project a success is more than welcome.

Kind regards

Regardt Visagie

T

Tirous

now dont quote me on this, but doesn't it say something relating to that on the main yoyo website, not on the front page but somewhere around there.

T

Tightrope

Thanks for the reply. I've made use of the contact form.