• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Asset - Demo [TCP] Simple Online Voice Chat

Bukmand

Never tried, but since it is based on default networking it must work.
If u want to make it work on mobile, change keyboards press to pictures that u tab to it and make mobile connect to server ip, like 192.168.1.xx
is that work mobile?

DukeSoft

Interesting! Is there a reason you went with TCP and not UDP? Also, do you have some kind of compression or is it just plain streaming? I've been thinking of making something similar, but with OPUS and UDP.

Bukmand

I used tcp for easier to deploy, it's plain streaming, you can use udp if u want to.

Interesting! Is there a reason you went with TCP and not UDP? Also, do you have some kind of compression or is it just plain streaming? I've been thinking of making something similar, but with OPUS and UDP.

DatZach

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Looks interesting! Is there any compression you're doing on the stream?
Related, how does this deal with Congestion Collapse? Audio of TCP is extremely vulnerable to such an issue.