Android Tap issue

Fiersking

hello;
I am a recent gamemaker studio user.
in two weeks i was able to play the game in the form i wanted but i still have a problem. After several days of unsuccessful research, I decided to write here:
in my game I have to generate a small keyboard with random buttons. but when I click on it sometimes the tap is taken into account and sometimes nothing happens
I tried to add a:
show_debug_message ("") during the touch when there is an action following always the show debug gives the id of the button but when nothing happens the show debug does nothing which shows that the tap is not counted .
after visiting this forum I also tried to put this:

device_mouse_dbclick_enable (false);

on the first script to execute but also on the button scripts (gesture / tap)
it didn't change anything

finally I tried to compile in YYC instead of VM but it's the same problem.

any idea ?
regards

i have also tryed to display the collision box but they are ok ...

No one know ? i'am realy stuck by that :(

MOD EDIT: Multiple posts merged. Please do not bump your topic unless at least 48 hours have passed, as per the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Why would anyone know if you don't post the exact code you are using?

In my experience, most new users get this problem when they use place_meeting instead of position_meeting for checking the mouse pointer, or attempt to check collisions against drawn graphics instead of an actual collision mask offered by a sprite.

Fiersking

Why would anyone know if you don't post the exact code you are using?

In my experience, most new users get this problem when they use place_meeting instead of position_meeting for checking the mouse pointer, or attempt to check collisions against drawn graphics instead of an actual collision mask offered by a sprite.
thanks for your answer!
I only use on my button gesture/ tap and then a code to update the index of the sprite

so i don't check any collision mask or whatever ... juste

and object that is a clickable object , a create script with the clicked variable to get the state, a gesture/tap script on it with the following code :

Code:
if(!clicked){
clicked=true;
sprite_index=global.BtnIndex[Id];

show_debug_message("Tap : "+string(Id));
}
the show debug is to see if the button react ...