iOS Tap Gesture Events Not Registering

Alasdare

I have been trying to port one of my games to my phone so I can use it on the go, but have run into some trouble with the tap gestures.
At the moment I'm using the global tap gesture and it's working fine, other than when I go to tap multiple times succinctly. I tried to find ways to decrease the amount of time between each tap, but have not yet been able to figure it out.
Does anyone have any shining pieces of wisdom you can share?

Alasdare

There is a similar problem when you hold your finger on the screen, the input is not recognised.
I want the character to jump every time the screen is pressed and jump over and over when the screen is held.

rIKmAN

If you can explain what the exact issue is and post the code / events etc you're using to try and do it you might be able to get some help with it.

Alasdare

If you can explain what the exact issue is and post the code / events etc you're using to try and do it you might be able to get some help with it.
Sorry for the late reply, I think I've figured out the problem but haven't tried it yet, so I'm gonna try it out tomorrow and see how it does.
Thanks for all the help.