• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Tampermonkey/AutoHotKey Userscripts to make your life easier

I

icuurd12b42

I made 2 Tampermonkey Userscripts to facilitate your game making experience with Game Maker!!!

GMC-Reddit/r/gamemaker/ Quick GML Reference

This TamperMonkey Script will allow you to access YoyoGame's Help File by pressing Shift+F1 while a function is selected on the web page or in the Post Box.

I got tired of copying and pasting functions and launching the online help by hand while composing replies on the forum. This makes it a lot easier.

https://icuurd12b42.itch.io/gmcf1help

GameMaker Help System Mod
Finally A Better Game Maker Help File!

This tampermonkey script modifies the Game Maker Online Help to match the look of the content.

It removes the left panel and replaces it with a treeview on steroids.

The treeview can be searched and the branches will expand and items will be selected to match the content on the right side.

The system also provides a better content search by using bing as the search engine as opposed to the original system which used a cheap index based search.

Bonus various other web searches are also included, to search the yoyo blog, the game maker forum, the reddit forum and the bugs database.

https://icuurd12b42.itch.io/gamemaker-help-system-mod-

Also checkout YAL's userscripts
https://yellowafterlife.itch.io/syntax-highlighting-for-gamemaker-reddit
https://yellowafterlife.itch.io/syntax-highlighting-for-gamemaker-forum
https://yellowafterlife.itch.io/gamemaker-manual-hinting

My helper scripts are compatible with his!!

I

icuurd12b42

For my next feat, here's a hint...

upload_2016-11-26_6-26-53.png

Note: I'm b!tching hard on the layout that's half broken from the start. see that All Countries? what you doing down there all by yourself. everybody else is waiting on your to grow buddy! Same to you Filter...

I

icuurd12b42

Some progress. Got the Monthly Period working, redid the form and I got it to store the filter results locally. The analytics tool is soooo slow to fetch content. This way you can have all your past months stored locally for quick browsing... I was tempted to automate the process but Yoyo's site is too slow and unreliable to do that.

I

icuurd12b42

It's HERE!!!

YYG Marketplace Analytics Ex

You need to know how much money you made each month? you need to go back a few month to see what's comming? You are screaming at YOYO's analytics being slow as heck? You can't stand having to use them drop down for entering pretty standard date ranges?

This is for you!!

This tampermonkey user script modifies the Yoyo Game Analytics page to add features I been begging for 2 years!!

Adds a Month Range Button to set the start and end date to a Monthly Range.

Adds a Prev Month and Next Month Button to quickly navigate through time periods.

Add synchronisation between the start and end date drop down boxes to they keep a monthly range

A Monthly Period is defined as being from the 28th of the start date month to the 27th of the end date month, this prevents YOYO's server for crashing out on a report passing 29 (their default) as a day for February.

Finally it adds caching of all the filters you performed on the site to the web cache... This accelerates browsing through your sales report.

The system also has a Batch Fetch which you can run once to capture and cache all your monthly sales!!

Works on Chrome with TamperMonkey and on Firefox with Greasemonkey

https://icuurd12b42.itch.io/yyg-marketplace-analytics-ex

I

icuurd12b42

Beware tampermonkey's last update breaks the quick help reference on the right content. Basically web pages loaded in a frame or iframe no longer trigger the mod code and any code that would run in that framed page, which include @YellowAfterlife Manual Enhancer, will not function!

Anxiously waiting for a fix.

V

Vittoria Dmowska

Thanks for compiling these, it'll make life much easier should make it easier to find them and explains it a bit more for new players

I

icuurd12b42

I updated the Help Mod to work with the new version of tampermonkey. Refetch the scripts... Do it from itch.io if you have an older version you manually installed.

I

icuurd12b42

Version 2 of the help file mod is up.
Consolidated the 2 files
Added Multiple trees to show both gms1 and gms2 and gmlscripts.com, give xot some love folks!
Search all trees at once
also added search button to search the Game Maker Community Manual, an endeavour of a few users I know
Oh and a direct link to the reporting pages for gms1 and gms2 (context based), Lanches with prefilled fields set for reporting issues about the document page you are looking at... because @Nocturne has many typos to fix, this will make reporting documentation issues easy :)... but can also be used for other things, just remove the pre-fills...

upload_2016-12-14_1-39-14.png

I

icuurd12b42

Thanks for hooking up the GMCM!
Last version updates the treeview search capabilities typing a prefix
gms1:sprite_
gms2:sprite_
gmls:sprite_

I also allow the script to run on the blog and on GMCM so I can add the copyable content link to the page like I do on the docs, docs2 and gmlscripts pages

I have to say the GMCM pages gave me a little trouble as to where I could place the copyable link...

I

icuurd12b42

Let me know if there's anything I can do to my templates to make it easier for you.
I resolved the issue last night while I was adding wildcards to the search abilities

I was having issues with the content Header displaying something like "Loading..." then changing to something concrete a few moments later... This prevented me from placing the copyable link at the right spot. looks like that's gone and was able to assign the copiable link to the right spot. before that I had to tack it on the Game Maker Community Manual header

upload_2016-12-22_16-6-44.png

I

icuurd12b42

Changes to Shift/Ctrl+F1 GameMaker Manual
v1.4 added support for in browser slack