Released Tales of Greta - new game

Discussion in 'Made with GameMaker' started by Styrbjörn, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Styrbjörn

Styrbjörn Member

I finally finished my first GMS2 game!

Help Greta save Hans in this retelling of the Grimm tale from our childhood.

Tales of Greta is designed to resemble some of the first arcade and home console games that became the first stepping stones to us as gamers. It was developed very much as a learning project, to help my newly created game studio develop a functioning workflow, and as such it has a rather limited scope.

To play the game, please visit the game home page at itch.io. Since it's a learning project, it is completely free to play, although donations are welcome! Also, I would of course love to hear your thoughts about the game. Any feedback will be useful to us as I tackle future, larger projects.

Trailer link:
    Game link: https://styrbjorn.itch.io/tales-of-greta

Styrbjörn Andersson,
    PastPixel developer

sitebender likes this.
  2. Raul Rivera

Raul Rivera Member

This game looks like a homerun for being your first project. I'll download and play it and let you know what I think.

edit:

So I played the game, got to the first three stages and then lost. I love the polish, feel, tight gameplay and just overall design of this. It's a solid work. I can see some Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros. influences too. Really great work - inspiring!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018