Portfolio - Programming [Taken] Programmer looking for Active Project

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by dialgpalkia, Jan 2, 2019.

1. dialgpalkia

dialgpalkia Member

Hi there,

My name is dialgpalkia and I am a programmer looking to join an active project.
    I was an active GMC member around 2014, having made many games on my own (sadly none got far due to my lack of artistic prowess), and also being a programmer for a few other games such as Dead Stories before the project was cancelled.

I have extensive experience programming (low level such as HTML through mid level such as GML and C++ all the way to high level such as High Performance Fortran and MATLAB), which I have gained over my years of interest in games as well as my degree in Theoretical Astrophysics which I completed last year.

It has been a while since I coded GML but I am a very fast learner (or should I say, re-learner!) and am very willing to put my head down and get stuck into whatever needs doing.

I'm open to pretty much anything but I would prefer to be involved in RPGs or games with leveling/skill systems as well as story focused games.

Portfolio;

The following game was my most successful game from when I was last coding GML (2014). It is an old version (because GM8 pro doesnt exist anymore so I can't re-create the executable for the updated version), and keep in mind I was very young while making this and so it is not very good.

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=571252&hl=rabuu

The following are screenshots from my latest code which was a simulation of Gravitational Wave effects on an astrophysical star cluster (circa July 2018). I can't show the simulation itself but to give an idea of some of the BASIC code, I shall include them. This is a very small snippet of one of the many files used to create the simulation.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please reply here if interested or feel free to send me a message!

Thanks!

- dialgpalkia

2. Otyugra

Otyugra Member

I'm interested in hiring you to help program our story-heavy game, but I have some general questions that seem worthwhile to ask publicly:
    1. How long are you hoping to work on a project? Less than a month? Less than a year? Does it matter much?
    2. What are your main personal goals from this experience?
    3. When it comes to payment, what are your expectations? Do you desire to be paid by the hour, by profit share, or both?
    4. Is there a minimum pay you want? For example, if you were paid by the hour.
    5. What versions of GameMaker do you own and use? (We happen to need someone who still uses GM: Studio 1.4)
    EDIT: I tweaked my questions a little.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019 at 1:24 AM
  3. dialgpalkia

dialgpalkia Member

Hi Otyugra,

I have actually already joined a project, I forgot to update the post title! Thanks for the interest though, once I finish this project I will make sure to answer all your questions when I update the post.
    Have a great day!