• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GMC Forums Tag response "best answer"?

csanyk

The old GMC forum software let you tag a response to a thread as a "best answer". Is it possible to provide this feature on the new forums? I found it useful when skimming a long thread, and it was a nice kudo when I got one for a response I posted.

A

Aura

Not possible natively with Xenforo, the current forum software. But there exist a number of add-ons that might do this. Since each one of them (as far as I tested) is outdated or unmaintained, I doubt that YoYo would even think about using them.

Also, no answer is the "best" answer technically. Everybody takes time and puts their effort in responding to a thread, so choosing one of them as the "best" answer would be partiality IMO.

N

NPT

Also, no answer is the "best" answer technically. Everybody takes time and puts their effort in responding to a thread, so choosing one of them as the "best" answer would be partiality IMO.
This just isn't true. Sometimes there clearly is a best answer. And when did it become wrong to show partiality?

Plus, I always got a kick out of individuals who posted, then shortly after responded and then flagged their own posts as the best answer.