GMC Forums Tag response "best answer"?

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by csanyk, Aug 6, 2016.

1. csanyk

csanyk Member

The old GMC forum software let you tag a response to a thread as a "best answer". Is it possible to provide this feature on the new forums? I found it useful when skimming a long thread, and it was a nice kudo when I got one for a response I posted.

2. Aura

Aura Puppeteer of Hail

Not possible natively with Xenforo, the current forum software. But there exist a number of add-ons that might do this. Since each one of them (as far as I tested) is outdated or unmaintained, I doubt that YoYo would even think about using them.

Also, no answer is the "best" answer technically. Everybody takes time and puts their effort in responding to a thread, so choosing one of them as the "best" answer would be partiality IMO.

3. NPT

NPT Member

This just isn't true. Sometimes there clearly is a best answer. And when did it become wrong to show partiality?

Plus, I always got a kick out of individuals who posted, then shortly after responded and then flagged their own posts as the best answer.

Freddy Jones likes this.