• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Tabing between values, and "search and replace" functions

S

Skaz

Hi, I have a few issues with GM S:2, and those two are really annoying.

When importing a sprite from stripe, I can't just tab my way through the different values, every tab lead me to the up arrow, then down arrow, THEN to the next value. Pressing tab 3 times is not a great way to do the job quickly. Considering that I'm already inside the chan and can type a value, why would I want to tab to the arrows anyway? Am I the only one to experience this issue?

Second problem is the search and replace function. It's really not user friendly, the script specific function only allows to search, not replace stuff, so it's pretty useless. But the search and replace function cannot be used on a specific script, so "replace all" is more an atomic bomb than a surgical tool. Is there a plan to add a replace function only for the current script?

Thanks for your time,

- Skaz

gnysek

Search & Replace is fixed for scripts in next release. They marked it as fixed on mantis about two weeks ago, so I hope they won't forgot to introduce it.

S

Skaz

Hope they will, indeed. No one else is bothered by the tabing making you move from buttons to buttons instead of values to values in sprite import?

Something else I noticed, you can't add multiple identical events any more, and I used to do that to spare me long scrolling in the window when working on big, separate chunks of code. Is it intended? Is there hope to be allowed to do that in the future?

Jobo

GMC Elder
If the tab order for a particular dialog is wrong, please submit a bug report for it so we can look at it and fix it.

Something else I noticed, you can't add multiple identical events any more
You can, but it's not the default anymore. If you want multiple windows with code for the same event, click on the event in the event list then drag the tab out of the window to somewhere else. Then click to event again and you will have two windows with that. Similarly for scripts, just drag it from the resource tree and drop it on a window or workspace. That will create duplicate windows.