• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException while convertion sounds

RyderGaming

Hi everyone!

When 2.3.2 dropped 2 weeks back, I tried to compile my project, but it wasn't working, because GMS ate all of my RAM. So I reinstalled 2.3.1 and carried on. This was fixed in the newest release, but now I'm facing a new problem. While compiling and converting the sounds of my game the compilation fails at random sounds with TargetInvocationException.

I only managed to build it once from like 10-15 compilation tries. Anybody had some similar issues? How should I go about fixing this?

Here's the log (it's half Hungarian as that's my system language):

Nem kezelt kivétel: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: A meghívott objektum kivételt váltott ki. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: A meghívott objektum kivételt váltott ki. ---> System.AccessViolationException: Védett memória olvasására vagy írására történt kísérlet. Ez gyakran arra utal, hogy a memória más területe sérült.
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.Wave.(Byte[] , Int32& , Int32& )
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.Wave.()
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.Wave..ctor(IFF _iff, Byte[] _wave, String _name, Boolean bOggData)
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.WADSaver`1..(KeyValuePair`2 , Stream , IFF , Int64 )
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.WADSaver`1.[](IList`1 , Stream , IFF , WriteDelegateKVP`1 )
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.WADSaver`1.(IList`1 , Stream , IFF )
a következő helyen: ..(Stream , IFF )
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.IFF.(Stream , TextWriter )
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.WADSaver`1.(GMAssets , Stream , List`1 , Dictionary`2 )
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.IFFSaver.(GMAssets , String )
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.Program.(GMAssets )
a következő helyen: GMAssetCompiler.Program.Reentry(String[] _args)
--- Vége a belső kivételek veremkivonatának ---
a következő helyen: System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
a következő helyen: System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
a következő helyen: System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
a következő helyen: Igor.Program.(String )
a következő helyen: Igor.WindowsBuilder.Compile(Boolean _exe)
a következő helyen: Igor.WindowsBuilder.Deploy(Boolean _exe)
a következő helyen: Igor.WindowsBuilder.Run()
--- Vége a belső kivételek veremkivonatának ---
a következő helyen: System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
a következő helyen: System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
a következő helyen: System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
a következő helyen: Igor.Program.( )
a következő helyen: Igor.Program.(String[] )

RyderGaming

I tired to move my game from my C drive to the D, but to no luck. It still brakes on random sound effects while building. I'm trying to make them Uncompressed - Not Streamed with everything set to default and it's copying wav files.

RyderGaming

With the newest version (IDE 2.3.2.560 Runtime 2.3.2.426) I still have the same issues. I am reverting back to 2.3.1 and reporting an official ticket, because this shouldn't happen with an engine of this size.

RyderGaming

For anyone who has the same issue, YoYo confirmed it in my ticket, and here's the solution they gave me broken down into steps:

1. Install 2.3.1
  2. Compile the project so that it's in the cache
  3. Install 2.3.2
  4. No compilation should not touch the sound files (because it's already cached) and you can now use the 2.3.2 with all of it's functionality.
If you want to clean the cache you'd have to restart this process. I haven't tried it though but I have a suspicion that if you remove the 2.3.2 runtime and only use the 2.3.1 it would still compile.