• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Syntax Error

C

CTTRest

So i was following a youtube tutorial cause im new and when i did what the guy did it showed up with a syntax error but his didnt so could anyone help ASAP please?
Here's the code

key_left = keyboard_check(vk_left); or keyboard_check(ord("A"));

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I'm sure whoever taught you didn't put a semicolon before the or. A semicolon ends a statement, and you aren't done there.
Code:
key_left = keyboard_check(vk_left) or keyboard_check(ord("A"));
You need to turn up the resolution on the video and be more attentive than you already are. This kind of carelessness has no place in programming.

C

CTTRest

I'm sure whoever taught you didn't put a semicolon before the or. A semicolon ends a statement, and you aren't done there.
Code:
key_left = keyboard_check(vk_left) or keyboard_check(ord("A"));
You need to turn up the resolution on the video and be more attentive than you already are. This kind of carelessness has no place in programming.
oh 💩💩💩💩 didnt see that man thanks, im a kid and fresh to this stuff