• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Swords 'n Magic and Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloseRange

For the past few months I have been apart of this community centered around an up and coming game called Swords 'n Magic and Stuff.
The community is so great I just wanted to share it with all of you.
Join the Discord and tell them I sent you ;) then talk to me and the community as I'm very active there.

I have had the honor of becoming one of the Dev's dedicated testers and have been working really hard on making the Wiki for the game really shine (it's only been 2 days seinse the page was started so it's realllly low on content)
There is also a Kickstarter coming out soon if you'd like to support the game!

The game is "focused on the joy of discovery" it's an open world rpg (oh and yes it's multiplayer, just not massive multiplayer)
If you have any questions about the game you can ask me, join the Discord and ask there, or even join the developers Twitch stream and ask the developer directly!
Now I'm sure you wanna know what the game looks like: (don't worry I got permission from the dev to post all this)

SPCreator.png

Z

zendraw

thats smart. altho why do u even bother posting about it here, unreal, unity etc communities are way larger.

CloseRange

I like this community more and I know there are a lot of people here who want to, at least at some point, move on from game maker to a more mainstream platform. Especially if you want to do 3d games.

M

Misu

Well its nice to share anything unrelated to Game Maker here, I have to agree on that small part. Its true.
However, I am not sure if YoYoGames is alright about sharing (contributing) something "made with another engine than Game Maker" (especially when you are encouraging others to move out of Game Maker as well).
at least at some point, move on from game maker to a more mainstream platform. Especially if you want to do 3d games.
YoYoGames has a great large and solid community but what makes that community large is the vast sharing and passion for their personal program (Game Maker Studio 2) and the creativity involved in it. Informing to move out of GMS is not a bad thing for developers seeking to advance their future but these stuff must be kept outside of the forum. Therefore this thread has some chances of getting locked unfortunately even though it is quite debatable and up to the mods and admins to decide. Take my info as a grain of salt, btw.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hello! First, can I say that the game looks great and I really do wish the devs the best of luck with it! That said, I'm afraid that @Misu is quite right and we can't permit the promotion of any project that isn't made with GameMaker, even in off-topic. Yes, I know what the rules say, but off-topic isn't a loophole for you to get around the fact that this forum is to support GameMaker users exclusively and as Admin of the forum it's my duty to close the topic.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.