• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Surionlifter! - Fan remake of Choplifter made in GMS2

hijong park

Runner 2020-10-03 19-59-25-625.png

Runner 2020-10-03 20-00-07-959.png

Runner 2020-10-03 20-02-38-735.png

Runner 2020-10-03 20-03-08-025.png

Runner 2020-10-03 19-59-01-550.png

Surionlifter! is my first Game maker studio 2 project and a remake of Dan Gorlin's classic Choplifter.

The North empire had kidnapped the citizens. you must take on KUH-1 Surion and rescue them all.

During the rescue you'll encounter Tanks, AA guns, Interceptors, Bombers, and helicopters trying to stop you. always take a look at the radar and fight or avoid them wisely.

3 Surions are available in each levels. the game ends if you lose 3 Surions before getting all men or rescued men are less than the dead ones.

Tips :

- Shortly pressing rotating key centers the helicopter. when the helicopter is facing the screen It can drop bombs to destroy tanks, and the helicopter's hitbox decreases significantly. this hitbox change is useful when avoiding things or landing around the hostages to pick them up.

- Unlike the original, the playfield is wrapped around. you can either move to left or right.

- AA guns can't attack you when you are close to the ground. Use it wisely if there are hostages around them.

This game supports controller.

hijong park

Loved choplifter. The atari 2600 even did a decent job of it.
Cool
Choplifter was never released for atari2600. It was once planned and announced on magazine but cancelled probably because of video game crash 1983. Are you talking about 7800 version ?

Last edited:

Toque

Choplifter was never released for atari2600. It was once planned and announced on magazine but cancelled probably because of video ge crash 1983. Are you talking about 7800 version ?
My bad. Chopper command.

I would have to think what I had chop lifter on.......

Must of been c 64. Cool game.

Last edited: