• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker Surfaces

I am in the process of migrating some of my code from the application surface to 'an actual' surface. I have had no problems up until now.

I want to resize my surface using the surface resize function. After doing this I get the width with the get surface width function and it reports correctly but does not reflect this on screen.

Do I need to reset the surface, draw it again? I have this with no luck.

Thanks guys.

Update: I have fixed / fudged this possibly. I am now resizing within the surface draw as part of the routine based on variables. Not happy with this solution though.

Last edited:
I am in the process of migrating some of my code from the application surface to 'an actual' surface. I have had no problems up until now.

I want to resize my surface using the surface resize function. After doing this I get the width with the get surface width function and it reports correctly but does not reflect this on screen.

Do I need to reset the surface, draw it again? I have this with no luck.

Thanks guys.

Update: I have fixed / fudged this possibly. I am now resizing within the surface draw as part of the routine based on variables. Not happy with this solution though.
I'm having the same problem. We are in literally, exactly, the same situation. With that being said - I can't help you, but I'll be refreshing this page every half hour or so. :squirrel: