• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Surfaces are broken in HTML5

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I use surfaces to make the screen pause for a pause menu, and version 2.0.5.77 was the last version of Studio 2 that actually worked with my pause menu. I backed up that project that was created and saved in 2.0.5.77, so that it would be left untouched by later versions that break the game's pause menu. Today I decided to downgrade back to 2.0.5.77 to do a quick bug fix, but now both test running and building isn't working at all. When I hit run, debug, or create application - there seems to be no evidence in the compile form or anywhere else that anything was happening. I sat in front of my computer for hours and nothing happened. I tried cleaning the cache and that didn't help at all. Is this version of GMS 2 so old that YYG decided to kill it somehow and that's why it's not building? Could any staff please shed some light on why this version which used to work, no longer does - not even with a blank, 1 room, project (which I also couldn't build due to the same issues)? It's kinda crappy that surfaces have been completely broken in HTML5 for this many versions.

Thanks.

gnysek

It seems that older runtimes may not work with newer IDE. I don't understand why they are then still listed on runtimes list then, while IDE just won't run them (as you said - even no log is coming out). IDE should automatically truncate this list, or RSS on YYG side should be updated to exclude versions not working with latest IDE.
I already have this issue during beta, when tried to rollback one runtime back, and it didn't compiled game at all...