• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

iOS [android][iOS] Super Planet Defender out now

Ruimm

Hi all.
After some months posting on the WIP fórum I'm happy to say that Super Planet Defender is out for Android :D

You can get it here

Its an action shooter where you try to survive as long as possible on a tiny planet bombarded by comets.
There's plenty of, shooting, diferente weapons, diferente comets, lots of particles and screenshaking.

Here's the game trailer:

and 3 images:

iOS version is coming very soon (I hope) :)

Ruimm

Wanted to share a nice article about the game on Super Game Droid
Here

"A terrific new arcade style shoot ’em up that feels like a cross between Super Crate Box and Asteroids" (Yes, Super Crate Box was a huge influence for this game) :)

D

DyingSilence

I'd make a review about this game, but my phone is too old to run this smoothly, and grinding for weapons became unbearable.

Overally, this looks great!

D

Dylaniza

Really want to play it! I'll have to wait for it to come out on IOS :(

Ruimm

I'd make a review about this game, but my phone is too old to run this smoothly, and grinding for weapons became unbearable.

Overally, this looks great!
sorry it doesn't work. I have no idea what the min specs for a game like this is (it was my first game made with GM and I don't have a lot of devices to test). Would you mind saying what phone specs do you have?

Ruimm

So.... Super Planet Defender will be out for iOS next Thursday (February 16th) :)

Here's the iPad trailer + promo image

Last edited:

woodsmoke

I like the looks of this. I only have a Windows Phone so I can't play, but I'm not into touch screen games anyway. Do you plan on doing a PC version?

Ruimm

I like the looks of this. I only have a Windows Phone so I can't play, but I'm not into touch screen games anyway. Do you plan on doing a PC version?
I have thought of that but I'm not sure how the controls could work, they thought specifically for touch... if I release it might take a while to make

Changgi

This reminds me A LOT of Planetary Defense for the Atari 8-bit computers and especially of my planned remake. I wonder if you took inspiration from that game? That game has your ship circling around a planet shooting at incoming nukes. My remake was gonna have you control the movement of your ship rather than it just constantly going in circles so I'm really surprised at the resemblance.

Ruimm

This reminds me A LOT of Planetary Defense for the Atari 8-bit computers and especially of my planned remake. I wonder if you took inspiration from that game? That game has your ship circling around a planet shooting at incoming nukes. My remake was gonna have you control the movement of your ship rather than it just constantly going in circles so I'm really surprised at the resemblance.
Hi, actually no I didn't know that game. My inspirations where Kosmo Spin by Simogo and Super Crate Box by Vlambeer :)

N

N8Games

Great job!

I downloaded it on my iPad. A lot of fun and very smooth design with great presentation. Congratulations on making a solid game.