• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

suitable hosting for publishers

RizbIT

Hosting expiring soon.

Looking at other options.

With Go Daddy.

Looking at hosting suitable for installing multiple wordpress sites, non eccommerce sites, just blogs and app showcase sites etc.. Will need decent resources fo backend connections/php/requests

as its non commerce sites should you bother with SSL?

The new host needs to facilitate the transfer of the existing sites.

Any suggestions welcome.

Mercerenies

From a security perspective, if your site exchanges no private information with the user, then no you don't need it. However,
(a) If you're going to allow users to make an account (i.e. to leave comments on blog posts), then you need TLS to encrypt the login information. Even if there's no banking info being exchanged, it's still personal info, which should be protected in all cases.
(b) Even if there's no private info being exchanged, browsers today (especially Chrome) are making a big push toward marking non-TLS pages as "Not Secure", so your non-technical users will feel less secure.

K12gamer

Do you have a website LINK to what you're having hosted?

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hosting stuff...but through my limited research...I found Weebly works best for me.
Having no knowledge on how to make websites...I was able to get a few sites up and running with not too much effort...and for FREE.
To host my HTML 5 games...I found itch.io to be the best (Free) solution.

Hosting expiring soon.
Looking at hosting suitable for installing multiple wordpress sites, non eccommerce sites, just blogs and app showcase sites etc.. Will need decent resources fo backend connections/php/requests
I recommend Hostinger to everyone who will listen. With their business plans you can operate as many websites as you want on a single hosting plan.

It's lightning fast, lifetime SSL is typically included with new plans, and they offer a lifetime subscription to cloudflare for under $10.00.

Yes, always. I'm skeptical of any website which doesn't have an SSL certificate. It's a guarantee that your information is being handled securely. Any information. Not just commerce - passwords, etc.

The new host needs to facilitate the transfer of the existing sites.

Any suggestions welcome.
https://www.hostg.xyz/
Affiliate links are against the rules here, but if you were to suffix that url with: /SHGi
... I'd get a referral bonus, at no cost to you, and that'd be a blessing right now. No pressure, though.