• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[SUGGESTION] Spell Checker

J

Joshua Allen

I have pretty severe dyslexia and because of that spelling is very hard for me. This has made me be very self-conscious about what I write. Currently, whenever I'm working with game maker, I have to write all my comments within Word or Google Docs and copy them back into Game Maker. That workflow is very tedious and as a result, I don’t comment my code as much as I probably should. In contrast, when I’m working in Eclipse I write much better comments because it has a very simple spell checker.

I know I’m not the only person that has a problem with spelling. For example, people with English as a second language or younger programmers would greatly benefit from a spell checker. So I think it would be awesome if YoYo were to implement their own within the script editor.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Have to say, I do this a lot as well. Not because I'm dyslexic, just a terrible -TERRIBLE speller. However, I also know that for both these cases, google is by far better that we could ever do. Sometimes my spelling is so wrong, nothing recognises it except google. I suspect you're doing it the best way possible just now anyway. We just couldn't dedicate the time/effort to get it good enough to beat the likes of google, all we could do is minor typeos. Sorry.