Feedback [SUGGESTION] Spell Checker

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Joshua Allen, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Joshua Allen

Joshua Allen Member

I have pretty severe dyslexia and because of that spelling is very hard for me. This has made me be very self-conscious about what I write. Currently, whenever I'm working with game maker, I have to write all my comments within Word or Google Docs and copy them back into Game Maker. That workflow is very tedious and as a result, I don’t comment my code as much as I probably should. In contrast, when I’m working in Eclipse I write much better comments because it has a very simple spell checker.

I know I’m not the only person that has a problem with spelling. For example, people with English as a second language or younger programmers would greatly benefit from a spell checker. So I think it would be awesome if YoYo were to implement their own within the script editor.

2. Mike

Mike nobody important GMC Elder

Have to say, I do this a lot as well. Not because I'm dyslexic, just a terrible -TERRIBLE speller. However, I also know that for both these cases, google is by far better that we could ever do. Sometimes my spelling is so wrong, nothing recognises it except google. I suspect you're doing it the best way possible just now anyway. We just couldn't dedicate the time/effort to get it good enough to beat the likes of google, all we could do is minor typeos. Sorry.

Juju likes this.
  3. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

o_O

Jobo, Mike and Lonewolff like this.