• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Suggestion: Show D&D Action Icons in Left of Info Node

For the D&D projects it would be much better if the information like node showed the icons of the D&D actions instead of just a color square to the left of the info. This helps people remember which icons are associated with which actions. It also allows quicker, glance at, evaluation of the general actions the programming is doing, and it's a much quicker reminder than having to read every bit every time you want to remember what it does. The icons do seem a bit harder to tell apart this time because the only color difference is just the category now. The sketch lines aren't as clear as a color image. If it were me I'd keep the icon background color idea, but color the icon shapes more distinctly. Regardless, putting icons for shorthand visual reading would still help a ton for people trying to get into Game Maker, or those not married to gml.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Can you mock up an image and show us what you mean? i think I know...but not sure....?