• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[suggestion] script args command

GMWolf

aka fel666
again, I don't know if this is where suggestions go these days...

so most scripts start with a assigning variables to arguments. its great and all, but not that elegant, and not very good on performance or ram.

my suggestion to to introduce a new form of syntax to define local macros for arguments:
Code:
#scriptargs varname1, varname2, varname3, ...
this would essentially act as macros for argument0, argument1, etc.
I actually 'hacked' in some simmilar functionality into GMS1.x and it was increadibly helpful. (it would look at the triple slash /// comment to determine the variable names, and replace all occurences with argument0..15).
I would love to see such functionality in GMS2, and seeing as how you already have global macros, why not local macros dedicated for arguments?

thanks for considering,

felix

K

Kuro

Anything that improves the args, I definitely like the sound of.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
When they come, they come using the JSDocs format, as you're already putting everything you need in there......

GMWolf

aka fel666
When they come, they come using the JSDocs format, as you're already putting everything you need in there......
Are you saying this will be a thing? (though, with Jdoc instead of the proposed syntax) ?