• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [Suggestion] Rename objects, scripts, and rooms

Ednei

Friends,

I do not know if I'm wrong, but in game maker 1.4 when you rename an object all occurrences of this object in the code are also renamed correct? I think the same thing happens when you rename a room.

This need arose when I decided to change the name of an object in a project that is already well advanced.

In Gm2 this does not happen. So I leave here a suggestion for when you rename an object, a script or room to appear a dialog box asked if you want to rename all occurrences in the project.

I know there is a search and replace option. But I believe the other option is safer.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
I do not know if I'm wrong, but in game maker 1.4 when you rename an object all occurrences of this object in the code are also renamed correct? I think the same thing happens when you rename a room.
References in code are not updated, only references in objects/rooms, both in GMS1 and GMS2. You can use global search-replace to change references in code if you need to.