Discussion Suggestion: Release major pre-1.4 gamemaker versions for people who have bought GMS2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JamesC01, Mar 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JamesC01

JamesC01 Member

I think it would be cool to provide the downloads for all of the old gamemaker versions. And it's really nice to be able to look back on. I hate to see software get forgotten.

2. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

They used to had the gms 1.4 key included with the purchase of gms 2 but I guess they changed that.

My best opinion would be releasing an open source version of gms 1. However, i think that is too much work for YoYo to prioritize when they got future plans and fixes for the current version.

Also I think this should be in a subforum that is not Offtopic since its GM related

3. JamesC01

JamesC01 Member

I mean before 1.4, and maybe even studio, you know, like gamemaker 7. Just all of the old versions, to look back on and check out. I think it would be nice to archive them. I got 1.4 on humble bundle ages ago, so I still have the key for that.