• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

(SUGGESTION) Regarding: General Settings - Input - Scrolling speed

Micah_DS

- Problem -
I'm finding that when the scrolling speed in one place is great, in another place it's either too slow or way too fast. I can't get a sweet spot out of it that works across the board.

- Details -
The default was 1, I believe, but in the code editor, this was so slow that the mouse wheel was useless to use and it hindered my workflow. I ended up landing on 5 for my scroll speed, which to me feels perfect for getting around in my scripts. But now it's a little too fast in the workspace. And the biggest problem is the manual, which is horribly jumpy. To be honest, even on 1 the manual is a bit jerky and jarring when scrolling, but it's only intensified when set to higher numbers.

- Suggestions to Improve -
Couldn't the scrolling speed be adjustable for different parts of the IDE as opposed to being a universal setting? Or maybe it just needs to work differently. As it is, I don't feel like I have the proper control and it's not all that smooth.

Am I the only one who feels this needs tweaking/changing? I could have missed it, but I didn't see it brought up yet.

Jobo

GMC Elder
I looked into this and found that the workspace scroll speed was (way) different from everything else -- so I have made it (a little closer to) consistent. You still want the workspace to scroll faster than for example the code editor, as you're dealing with large groups of content. I have upped the default value for scroll speed from 1 to 2. I have also changed the preference so it allows floating point numbers.