• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Suggestion: Object Editing, Bring Chain 1 and 2 back On Screen when Chain 3 of Object is Closed

I'd like a fix to be able to quickly close objects like we used to be able to do. When you are object editing in your actions window (third chained window) your first object window that you can close the whole object by clicking the x, is off screen to the left. The third window almost needs it's own screen, or window opening over the others instead of to the side, but maybe that wouldn't fit with the chain system.

The way windows go off screen like this still feels wrong. Even if you double click on the event window to bring it more onscreen you still can't reach the first window since it's still off screen and can't be clicked. This is really a drag and slows down object editing. At least when you close the third chained window it should put the first, and second chains back onscreen. Maybe have an exemption if you're not at the zoom level that editing the object takes you to.

xot

GMLscripter
GMC Elder
I would suggest using Ctrl-Alt-Arrows to navigate to nodes and bring them into view. However, this is crashing GMS2 for me. Apparently the navigation state isn't being set correctly when a panel is closed. I'm filing a bug report now.