Feedback (SUGGESTION) Fold Selection

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Biosyn, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Biosyn

Biosyn Member

Quick suggestion.

In current GMS version, we can highlight lines of code, right click, then select "Comment Selection".

May I suggest having a similar option to fold the code? I know we can use snippets, but I think being able to highlight and press a key combo to fold the code inside a region without cut and paste would be much more convenient.

Not sure what others think, but I think it would make organizing code more convenient and faster.

Thanks.

stainedofmind likes this.
  2. EvanSki

EvanSki King of Raccoons

I mean we already have #region

3. Biosyn

Biosyn Member

To further clarify, my suggestion deals with reorganizing code already written.

Yes, you could simply use #region/#endregion with snippets from the get go. But if one wants to rearrange already existing code while ensuring the code is folded, possibly under new headings, you need to keep cutting and pasting it in a new region . It'd be more convenient to simply highlight and shortcut key it.

I mean I wouldn't have even brought up this suggestion had I not learned about the very convenient Comment Selection feature (Ctrl+K).

nacho_chicken likes this.
  4. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

File a bug report with the suggestion and it'll be considered, and link to this topic please. Tbh, I like the idea of simply selecting a whole section of text and then RMB > Make Region and BAM! - Section is now in between region/endregion tags.

5. Biosyn

Biosyn Member

^ Done and done.

Just to add, it'd be even better if the folded selection could automatically collapse and position the cursor at the "header" of the region so users can simply put in a description right on the spot.

Nocturne likes this.