• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [Suggestion] Collapsible code

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big_Macca_101

Hi there, I think the title speaks for itself but I'm suggesting collapsible code segments, specifically to how parakeet-ide handled there collapsible code.

For example you would collapse the code and it would just show a small box containing ... inside unless you had a triple slash comment it would show the comments content. (As shown in the images bellow)

I feel like this would be a very welcome and useful addition!

code_commented.PNG code_uncomment.PNG

xDGameStudios

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hi there, I think the title speaks for itself but I'm suggesting collapsible code segments, specifically to how parakeet-ide handled there collapsible code.

For example you would collapse the code and it would just show a small box containing ... inside unless you had a triple slash comment it would show the comments content. (As shown in the images bellow)

I feel like this would be a very welcome and useful addition!

View attachment 6859 View attachment 6860

This was already announced, and they are already working on something similar! ;)

Code:
#region Update Logic Here
       y += 10;
#endregion
(this would generate a collapsable region, is how it's done in C#, take a look at it)

B

Big_Macca_101

This was already announced, and they are already working on something similar! ;)

Code:
#region Update Logic Here
       y += 10;
#endregion
(this would generate a collapsable region, is how it's done in C#, take a look at it)
Oh Brilliant!

I have had experience dealing with C# and the region syntax would be even better, when was this announced?

Roderick

From that:
Mike said, it will be little like in Visual Studio "regions", so it won't fold on every if/else/while/for, but only when you add proper comment (probably /// #region and /// #endregion, but it's only my prediction).
Personally, I'd rather just see every section in {curly braces} automatically be foldable, but that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.