• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

(Suggestion) A List of Desired Improvements

T

T-bond

I have already reported the syntax checker bug, and you should report the others too.
Fortunately the compiler can use the functions without the optional parameters given to it, so it is just the IDE's (or more precisely the syntax checker's bug)

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
OK looking through your list

General Issues
* Context??? not sure where you saw that message if it from the runner then was it just an error message (it should have printed a source file and line number where the error occurred, and a stack trace for context)
* Agreed Room Creation Code could do with some attention it is on our list too

Bugs
* File them if you want us to look at them goto Help -> Report a bug

Feature Requests (+ Keyboard and Options)
* Same file them as suggestions on the Help -> Report a bug
but...
* You can do box selects already ALT+Mouse move or ALT+SHIFT+cursor keys will select box regions
* press F7 and F8 to increase and decrease the font size in the Text Editor (just like GMS1)
* I believe that we have just added for the next public release a scalar value for altering the scroll speed

Russell

Agneum

Agree with most other feature requests, the would be great additions.
"Double-clicking a word should instantly select the word, but instead there’s a very long delay that at first made me wonder if double-clicking text even worked."

The performance doesn't seem the best. I also experience that variable lookup is a tad too slow, even though I found out it was using a hash table. I wonder why this might be, since I have a beastly PC.

Auto-fill statements with TAB is great, would speed some things up, would also be great to edit snippets right in the editor instead of pressing F2 and preselecting. Taking insipration from other editors. Keyboard shortcuts could help jump between tabs, ctrl+1 might jump to the first tab?