• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Opinion Suggerence, separate publising in "Game Design, Development And Publishing" forum

Juanla

Hello all. I am really insterested on the ways of publishing their games (PC, Mobile, etc..) recommendations, experiencies, etc. But it's very hard find topics of publishing because there are plenty of Game design and game development topics (no problem with this, only that I think that we could have a separate forum for this)

F

Famine

Interesting bit too. I just came to the forums and have a great deal of publishing experience. It seems in those forums as well others, the word "mark(eting)" is always put into moderation queue. I had to put the brackets around it to post without moderation. Publishing and that word go hand-and-hand among other words that seemed to be flagged here.

Same goes for signatures. You cannot use that word in your signature...

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
We could have a seperate forum for many different things, and in the past we have had them. However, all that does is make it harder for people to navigate the forum and leave lots of sub-forums with very few topics and fewer replies. Just use the existing forum, as we are not going to be adding any others.

@Famine : "marketing" is not on out censor list so if your posts were placed in a moderation queue it is for some other reason.

T

The Sentient

Interesting bit too. I just came to the forums and have a great deal of publishing experience. It seems in those forums as well others, the word "mark(eting)" is always put into moderation queue. I had to put the brackets around it to post without moderation. Publishing and that word go hand-and-hand among other words that seemed to be flagged here.

Same goes for signatures. You cannot use that word in your signature...
Might be more to do with the fact that you have two posts. See what that big banner says that you currently have at the top of the page? ;)

F

Famine

You can see this post because it's not in the moderation queue. As I type, there is a post above this one that I used the word and it got queued. This post does not use the word and it did not get queued and is visible. If you read this before the previous one is approved, you will see that the word is censored. Maybe not for posters with good standing, but for me as a new user, you cannot type the word without moderation. I'm 100% positive on that one. :)

My guess is this forum is queue all posts that use that word along with links because it's a common word used in spam for that subject line.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You can see this post because it's not in the moderation queue. As I type, there is a post above this one that I used the word and it got queued
Well colour me surprised... Indeed you are correct about the word marketing! Sorry for having doubted... ;)

My guess is this forum is queue all posts that use that word along with links because it's a common word used in spam for that subject line.
Yep, it must be part of the built-in ant-spam features, as it's certainly not something I set up when I set up the forum. Thanks for pointing this out.

F

Famine

No worries. I worked as a community manager for awhile. I know forums! :p

Juanla

We could have a seperate forum for many different things, and in the past we have had them. However, all that does is make it harder for people to navigate the forum and leave lots of sub-forums with very few topics and fewer replies. Just use the existing forum, as we are not going to be adding any others.

@Famine : "marketing" is not on out censor list so if your posts were placed in a moderation queue it is for some other reason.
Maybe can help the creation of a prefix "Marketing" to see quickly this type of topics (same here with opinion)