• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Sugar Chef: Infinite Runner

K

kerryaislinn

At my University, my organization's Game Jam was able to successfully complete all of the game assets in the time frame of one month. Because this jam was an extracurricular activity, it had to be temporarily put on hold as we approached finals week. Now that I have graduated, both I and one other programmer have begun to bring the assets in game. We are using Game Maker: Studio because it would be much more efficient to stick with Game Maker since we are making a 2D game. Along the way, we decided to cut some features so that we could get the game done in a timely manner. After all, it's always possible to go back and add features later.

Our team of two made some solid progress on the main mechanics of the game. We were successfully able to make the platforms repeat infinitely and get the player's character to walk and jump. Next we need to put the enemy characters in and then the attack mechanics. We will have a distance counter and the speed of the room may increase over time. Once everything is in place, we will tweak some things to increase responsiveness and overall enjoyment of the game. More updates are soon to come!