• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Suddenly can't run my games after latest update

D

Darren

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, got the latest update, everything, I cannot run my games at all. It's there in the task manager, but it doesn't actually work. I also get things about setting gamepad counts when I haven't written anything to do with gamepads, please help.

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe DONE (0)
DoSteam
Igor complete.
[Run] Run game
Options: Z:/blah_D9F6B11\MainOptions.json
X://windows/Runner.exe -game "Y:/blah_46DAE167_VM\blah.win"
Attempting to set gamepadcount to 12
DirectX11: Using hardware device
Collision Event time(microsecs)=2
Total memory used = 7550832(0x00733770) bytes
Entering main loop.

E

eyethree

Been having the same issue. I've had to juggle around backup files to try and figure out what has been causing it, because I know my code is fine.

After hours of tracking down behaviors in the IDE by doing different things, it only happens when I create a new object in a group (which I'm having to do lots of right now because I have new items to add in). If I create a new object by right-clicking on the workspace, it'll toss it at the bottom of the objects, and everything is fine. However, if I decide to then move it to a group, it refuses to launch the game (won't show up if it's windowed, but will be a completely white screen if it's fullscreen). If I then delete said object (with or without code in it), the game will run fine.

It's beyond frustrating and has only been going on for the past week or so.