• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion such a basic question sorry

mutazoid

Where did my tools for sprite editing go?
This new interface so far has me for a loop (well new too me)
Thanks

Attachments

rIKmAN

Where did my tools for sprite editing go?
This new interface so far has me for a loop (well new too me)
Thanks
Click the "Edit Image" button and it will open the sprite editor and let you edit the image.
If you want to change the size of sprite click the little icon with 4 arrows on it next to where it shows the current size of the sprite (16x16), and add frames using the big + button.

Have a read of this section of the manual and then this section of the manual to get aquainted with the various functions of the sprite editor and how to use it.

Last edited:

mutazoid

ya sorry I figured that but I still find it it odd that it goes full screen now by default... Is there a way to back to its "windowed" mode?

rIKmAN

ya sorry I figured that but I still find it it odd that it goes full screen now by default... Is there a way to back to its "windowed" mode?
You can click and drag the tab out of the IDE into it's own window, but I don't think you can make it into a window inside the IDE like you can with windows in the workspace.

I've never noticed it was full screen actually as I've only ever used it for making quick placeholders and then I close it, doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

mutazoid

Just want to say thinks, there were a few other things that were confusing me and Im slowly coming around to GM2. I think I was just getting frustrated with the interface quickly, there was more than just not finding the edit but Im getting it.