Succession

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Annie The Droid, Aug 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Annie The Droid

Annie The Droid Member

I am making a game about the kings and queens of England from William the Conqueror to Queen Victoria. The idea of the game is to learn them all and it will be an Android game.

We originally made a Kickstarter for the game to pay for the artwork. We used a really awesome artist called thepocalypse and he's nearly done it all now.

I've been programming the game over the summer and it looks like this:

[​IMG]

There will be 4 mini-games which you use to learn and practice 5 monarchs at a time. Once you know them all then you can take the challenge to complete all 40 in one minute!
    • Line of Succession. In this mini game you are challenged to place 5 kings and queens in the correct order. After every attempt it will only tell you how many you got correct. It will not let you proceed to the next mini game until they are all in the correct order. You are scored on the number of attempts.
    • Identification Station. This will use the same 5 rulers as before but already in the correct order. The names of the kings and queens will be jumbled up at the bottom and you must drag the names to the correct images of kings and queens. Again, after every attempt it will only tell you how many you got correct.
    • Dumb Demises. Dumb Demises is a mini-game where you have to match the method of death to the correct king or queen. It will have icons for the method of death on items which can be dragged. If you get any incorrect it will restart the mini-game.
    • When? (will only appear in EXPERT mode). When? will have the same concept as the other mini games but will play with dates of the start and the end of their reign.
    We want to have an in-app purchase, but I'm not sure what to do. We only want one which unlocks everything, but it needs to be something people want without spoiling the game.

YanBG likes this.
  2. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

The artwork looks great, and so does the presentation. I think it's fantastic you are making a game based on history, sort of an educational game. I think it'd be great to see you expand on it. Whilst it doesn't sound overly fun, I'm sure there is still a market for it. So yeah, it looks like a great educational tool at least. Good luck

3. Annie The Droid

Annie The Droid Member

Thanks. It's more fun than it sounds. We should have a demo on the Android store soon, so you can try it if you have a device.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 8:55 PM