Question - IDE studio today decided not to export my game

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Maa2007, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Maa2007

Maa2007 Member

hello couple days ago, studio was able to export my game to IOS through xcode,

today all of the sudden its giving me an error massage even though im exporting the same file:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Maa2007

Maa2007 Member

i just want to update, that i discovred the source of the problem and got it to work, for other people who are facing the same problem

the proplem was that my iphone had the latest system update 11.4.1, while apparently xcode or gamemaker (don't know which one) can only export up to ios 11.4.0

now the work around for me to solve this problem was in game maker i didn't target my phone when exporting the game to xcode, but a virtual iphone (which game maker provide it to you automatically)
    and when the game is exported to xcode successfully, then i attach my phone and target my phone in xcode, clicking play, the game is transferred and installed on my phone without problems

tjheldna likes this.
  3. tjheldna

tjheldna Member

Thank you very much, the work around is good.

4. Tony Brice

Tony Brice Member

Great little tip to work around this problem for now. I couldn't compile my game to Ipad until I read this today. Thank you.